Monday, January 05, 2009

Happy New Year!

Ok, I'm a little late.
Things have been crazy, busy, and fun!

I went to my Grumpy's for Christmas which was a lot of fun, even though we didn't get to stay as long as I wanted to stay. (This was my fault, I had to work on Boxing Day!) Guess what I got for Christmas?!? Guess.

Road cycling shoes!!! I also got the pedals and the cleats. I took my pedals to sporting life after a week of buying things that didn't fit into the pedals and then finding out I needed things like Torque wrenches and tension adjusters. They installed them for free, and I got home, and put the cleats on and got all excited and ready to go but i found out that I needed at 3mm allen key. My dad only has imperial allen keys and wrenches, so I have to go out and buy some today. I'm prettyyyyy excited though because it shouldn't take long once I have them.

New Years was pretty boring. I saw Marley and Me with my family--all 8 of us. Saddest movie in the world and I think it traumatized my little sister. I came home and fell asleep on the couch for awhile and almost missed New Years. Woke up at 11:30 and got a game of battleship going so I could stay awake. I was in bed by 12:10am. What a party animal I am.

Since Christmas, I ran 6 times, and biked 3. Not superb, but it's still keeping things alive. I've still been having problems with the breathing, and it's getting really old. Summer will be here beforeeee we know it. Haha, I'm trying to keep a positive mentality.

SO: Now what you really all care about.

I'm in Planning Mode!!!!!!

First things first: I've designed my Half Ironman Training Plan.

I've been reading going long, and I'm basing it around that.

I know, I know. You're just beside yourselves with excitement. BUTTTT You'll have to wait

I've been looking at hotels, and Bed and Breakfasts and cabins and motels and checking availability and calling people, and looking at bus tickets and train tickets and carpooling and bribing my dad to come and drive me.

The lodging is the most frustrating part.

Everyone either has a 5 or 7 night minimum, and many don't even have availability. There is one I am looking at but my dad doesn't like it because of the cancellation policy or something. It might just have to do.

I'm thinking about camping. Seriously.

AND I JUST SIGNED UP TO VOLUNTEER!!!

Now, onto my first brick workout ever! You'll hear about that (and my training plan) tomorrow!

12 Comments:

At 8:06 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Those are all good plans. Cna't wait to read about your Half IM training as it goes along!

 
At 9:22 AM , Blogger BeachRunner said...

Happy New Year. Looking forward to the Half IM plan. Good luck with the lodging.

 
At 10:08 AM , Blogger Missy said...

Happy New Year! Lots of times, they'll give minimum stays until they get closer to the race date and they're not 100% full PLUS they will get cancelations too. Keep on it!

 
At 10:45 AM , Blogger Wes said...

You have some serious mojo going there, Tiger!! Keep at it!

 
At 12:42 PM , Blogger Marlene said...

oooh, spiffy shoes!

Congrats on signing up to volunteer... it's feeling more official! Don't worry, you'll get all the details worked out.

 
At 5:38 PM , Blogger teacherwoman said...

Love the new cycling shoes! I look foward to reading more about your 2009 goals and such!

 
At 8:05 AM , Blogger chia said...

Now those are hawt! What a great start to '09! Happy Training!

 
At 8:05 AM , Blogger Nitmos said...

Nice shoes. Going hardcore!

 
At 5:15 AM , Blogger Bill Carter said...

Best of luck to you and have a great '09!

Those cycling shoes are just hot.

 
At 3:33 PM , Blogger Charisa said...

Pretty, pretty shoes! Have fun :)

 
At 5:01 PM , Blogger Reluctant Runner said...

Those shoes are pretty enough to make me want to take up cycling ... almost.

Happy New Year!

 
At 6:57 AM , Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Which Half Iron are you doing? I'm planning on the Canadian...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home