Thursday, February 19, 2009

Life Through The Eyes of A Runner...

Editors Note: I know I said I wasn't going to post until the 2nd of March, BUT I wanted to tell people that would understand. And I know you guys do. So here it is.

I hadn't ran in awhile up until yesterday.
And then I ran. And it sucked. It was sooo hard.
My legs hurt.
My lungs burned.
The drinking straw that I normally breathe out of turned into the size of one of those coffee stir sticks.
I started coughing.

I stopped to walk.
I started to cry. A lot. Tiger has given up the "I don't cry" persona in front of her blogger friends.
After a few minutes, I started to run again.
And I started thinking.

And I wasn't thinking about school stuff. And I wasn't thinking about the exams. And I wasn't thinking about how much I had to do. I was thinking about how much this run sucked. I glanced down at my hand and saw my word, "Unbreakable". It's always written on my hand.

Then I was like, "HEY!! I'm unbreakable!!"
And then I thought:
"This run sucks, yes, but WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?! You haven't run in a very long time. Of course things are going to hurt, they forgot what they're supposed to do."

And then I started thinking about the last time I took a running hiatus. And after about 3 weeks I was right back into it! And coming out stronger than ever. So I'd get through it. I'd finish the run as much as it sucked (and stayed close to home too just incase I needed something/someone).

And then I started thinking about life. About school. About that "Not okay" feeling that I've had in the pit of my stomach for the last few months. About the overwhelmed, on the verge of tears at all times feeling. About the total fear of breaking somewhere that wasn't out of the eyes of the people who know me as 'strong' and 'unbreakable' and I realized something.

I realized that it too will pass. Just like the sucky run after a running hiatus, all those "not okay" feelings will pass too. And I will come out Stronger than ever!

So I'm feeling a teeny bit better about life today.
Isn't it amazing what you can figure out on a run?!

So now I'm really disappearing...until March 2nd. See you then.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 7:30 AM , Blogger Wes said...

ha ha! Yes! The strongest of trees bends in the wind. It sheds a few leaves (tears), but it is UNBREAKABLE :-)

 
At 7:37 AM , Blogger Julie D said...

Have a good rest! You'll come back stronger. Cool blog, by the way!

 
At 8:30 AM , Blogger Marlene said...

Thank you or posting this... it is something I am going to remember whenever I can start running again. I'll refer back to this post if I'm feeling discouraged.

 
At 10:06 AM , Blogger Missy said...

Just got in a real run for the first time in a long time last nite - I totally understand! I was so glad to be out there alone and take my aggression out on the pavement. Yell, run, tears, run...in the end it all feels good (but I'm sore everywhere!).

 
At 2:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great job on your run, and for having a good perspective about it.

 
At 3:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Well done. :-)

 
At 5:13 PM , Blogger Lindsay said...

thanks for posting your revelations and thoughts today. my life is not nearly as busy and crazy as yours but i have been struggling with some things myself lately. i'm going to have to borrow your "unbreakable" thoughts! i love it. great job on the run and now go get that rest!

 
At 2:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home