Friday, March 20, 2009

Looking Up...

Friends, I know I haven't been around a lot.
A bad blogger if you will. I know you deserve better. But we all know how life gets sometimes so I'll hope you forgive me.


Things have been rough lately. They included emergency surgery, failing two of the four exams, several not so good runs, my quarterly nervous breakdown and my little sister getting the flu on her birthday and getting her first experience with an IV. She was not impressed.


The way that I look at myself is like a pop bottle. If you keep shaking the pop bottle, eventually it's going to explode. Mine shattered into a bzillion peices the other night, and now I'm constructing a bigger and stronger bottle. But I might leave the lid on a little loose this time. The silly thing is that what triggered the bottle was something incredibly silly. But like I said, it just takes a little shake. I stayed home the next day, I didn't feel like I could handle school, and I basically did nothing the whole day.


I'm starting to feel a little better. I find that I get myself into these little ditches and once I realize it, it's only a matter of time before I get myself out. I like to be proactive rather than reactive, and put myself into situations that I know I'll be okay. I find that writing and music helps. And running. And distractions. Thats another thing--I haven't been distracted enough recently.


The running has been inconsistent and hard. My biking has been the same. I was going to get back in the pool yesterday but my sister took my bathing suit 3hrs away with her. I was not impressed, especially since I missed my pilates class while looking for it.


It's down to crunch time. 12 weeks to half ironman. It's a Gale Bernhardt plan. I'll do it. I'm young and strong and determined. If you are doubtful, please pretend that you think I can do it. :) I find out the results of my test next Thursday. It might be as simple as a freaking allergy pill...Yahoo. I'll take what I can get though...!!


60/30...hahahha. Maybe in April. It's going to a good distraction...I feel like that plan was doomed from the beginning--not because I can't do it, because I totally can, but because I didn't take into account life and what it was going to throw at me/ all the homework and stuff I have to do. I ALREADY have midterms--and I've only been at school for 3 weeks!!! Seriously, what the heck. Oh well.

And I have some plans for June--I'm going to transfer stores, and work at the one in Kingston. Just for June. That way I can take my break, ride my bike to work everyday, go swimming and running, have my own little mini training camp and spend time with my favorite Auntie and take a break from life, which I need.

I'm going to take an official hiatus from blogging. I'll still be around lurking and commenting on your blogs. You can add me to facebook here. I'll still be on that with random thoughts from time to time.

Miss me while I'm gone. I'll be back soon!

Until we meet again,

Tiger

6 Comments:

At 8:21 AM , Blogger Wes said...

We may fall down, but we ALWAYS get back up again. Half iron? Hmph. That will be no problem for you Tigrrrr. Keep at it!!

 
At 8:42 AM , Blogger Mama Squirrel said...

Thinking of you and your family!

 
At 9:45 AM , Blogger Aron said...

you can totally do it, and you will!!! hang in there girl!

 
At 9:44 AM , Blogger Missy said...

I've used Gale Bernhardt's plans - stick to it and YES, you can totally do it!!!

 
At 7:34 PM , Blogger Marci said...

You can and will do it. I am sorry that your are going through so much turmoil, take care of yourself, and please let me know if I can help.

 
At 2:03 PM , Blogger Reluctant Runner said...

Aww, Tiger. I am so sorry you are going through a tough time right now. Please take care and and keep circling back to the optimism that seems to keep resurfacing every time you face challenges. If you have run a marathon, you can do anything!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home