Thursday, January 24, 2008

What Am I Doing With My Life?!

Seriously, guys. I know that I'm going to University and I have a job, and a family who I help to take care of BUT LOOK at those guys. He's an Ironman, and he ties a raft around his waist to pull along his son, then picks up this full grown man, and runs with him through the transition area, where he puts him in a bike. He bikes the 112miles, and then pushes him in a wheelchair past the finish line. You can see him getting into it too! It's so nice. Such a good father he is. I believe he has run Boston too. And he won't qualify by disabled standards. He will actually run the time that is required for him to get in!

Seriously. Amazing.

In other news we did sprinting on the track yesterday--which wasn`t too exciting. Then I ran a 5k tempo run (which was supposed to be 10k, but I think I am pretty much on the verge of pulling one of my hip flexors.)

I called the CNIB yesterday and told them that I wanted to run or bike with a blind athlete. The woman on the phone, before she sent me off to the volunteer co-ordinator that it was amazing. I called the Achilles foundation, and they are going to check their database and see if they can find one for me! However, the bike club isn`t open yet. Oh well.

I also got myself some `Hatphones`. I run with an ipod, so I got hatphones. It`s got a spot for the ipod and the headphones are actually insside the hat. AMAZING.

P.S. I didnt run on my one year anniversary:0(. I did homework instead. Boo.

Run Strong
Tiger*

P.P.S (or P.S.S, Im not sure) i`m going to go see if my science teacher is still running, because then I know how to train. Im doing that in like 2hrs:o)

3 Comments:

At 7:11 AM , Blogger Wes said...

Team Hoyt is very inspiring!

I saw those hats! I think they are a great idea for the "no headphones in races" generation!!

 
At 11:13 AM , Blogger Darren said...

You want a real tear jerker, go read about Blazeman.
IM's always have the most inspirational stories..

 
At 9:42 PM , Blogger Susan said...

That Emily is the dedication of a Father to a Son. Even when times get tough hon, someone has always got your back!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home