Saturday, January 05, 2008

A Whole Bunch Of Stuff

So we went to Niagara Falls and it was fun. I ate bad, walked a lot, swam a lot, but did no Running. IT's hard to eat healthy when all you have access to is greasy fried food. If I had the courage to ever step on the scale, I am sure that it will show that I am about five pounds heavier than I was before I went to Niagara falls. BUT I DON'T, So I won't.

I am not on my home computer, so i will not have pictures today. You know why I am not on my home computer?! Because, I went to Niagara falls, and we came home and I swear we Lake Ontario in our main level. Please note, my Computer is kept on the main level in a little basket underneath my bed. Thankfully, NOTHING happened to that, but the telephone thing, the wireless router AND the internet are all in critical condition. Gargh. Just one more stress on my plate. NOT COOL!

Hm. So, as for training, I have to pick a race. Well, that's a lie. I have to pick a training plan. Well, that's another lie. I need to DESIGN a training plan.
Ok, maybe that was another fib. I HAVE designed my training plan...
Now I need Your Feedback!

I have written out my entire schedule, including job hours, homework hours, lectures, and uhm a little bit of social hours. This schedule also includes Running Hours.

Tiger's Super 30k Training Plan
Goal Race: 30k Around The Bay
Time Goal: 2hrs and 40 minutes
Which is a goal pace of: 5:33/km.

My Training Plan follows these basic principles:

Hill Training: Done Once a week, on Monday's, after work. Hill training will be done on Bexhill. It's big, and long and stuff. And Steep. And perfect :). Don't think I'll be able to convince anyone to do it with me though. Haha.

Recovery Run: 2 x per week. Tuesdays and Fridays. Option for Rest day or Cross Training Day on Tuesdays.

Speed Work: One time per week. Wednesdays. In that four hour break I have. Before lunch, and after my morning lectures. Probably about 11. Start with 5 x 800, and I'll figure out the tiime I should do my repeats in *(Let me know if you have an answer) Work my way up to 10x 800.

Long Run: K, so I understand you might yell at me and tell me it's a stupid idea BUT...hear me out. Or don't. But I'm writing it anyways. What I am thinking IS...On Thursday I will do my long runs. Start at noon. End anywhere between 2 and 4, depending. I will make my long runs between 32 and34km so the distance is nothing new. It's just that I have every other thursday off and the other ones I have class from 8:30 to 10:30...I would also like to have quite a few "Race Pace" miles in there as well.

Tempo Run: Done on Sundays when everyone else is doing their long runs (at the running room) I could treat the Half marathon clinics runs as a Long Tempo Run. They start at 7.5km...and then when the distance increases, I could run the first 3km as a warm-up, 10k as a TEMPO run, and then the last 3 as a cool down. I don't think the tempo portion needs to be more than 10 or 12k...

Optional Rest Day or Cross Training Day: Saturdays. Which is also a work day. Cross training may include bicylcing, swimming, or some sort or aerobics or weight training.

So...that's my super fantastic plan. Now you may pick it apart!

I'm going to have to go and talk to my Science teacher to ask him if he is still Running. If he is not, then I will have a different goal for the Mississauga Half Marathon. Yeah. I would rather he run it though. It would be more fun! And besides, he promised :P...I have a long time to run a 1:35.

I go back to school on Monday. I'm not really looking forward to it. I promise to catch up on all of the blogs that I have missed once I get my internet back.

I guess I have some more important things to be doing...rather than sitting at the Internet Cafe...

Tiger AWAYYY..

(I sound like a super hero)

2 Comments:

At 2:58 PM , Blogger Wes said...

Alright tiger, if you want my opinion, and I have a booty hole, so I HAVE an opinion...

I believe that running three times a week is ALL you need. A recovery run, a "workout" run, and a long run. You're workout run can be any of tempo, hills, or intervals. Swap them up to keep you interested. Long runs are LONG AND SLOW. Recovery run is well, recovery. The other four days a week? Ride your bike, swim in the pool, lift some weights, do yoga, whatever...

K? It is YOUR plan, do with it what you will :-)

 
At 5:20 AM , Blogger robison52 said...

You have FOUR hard runs during the week, a hard hill workout, a hard tempo run, a hard Long Run and another hard run of Intervals!! That's a lot of hard runs! Normally, I would recommend only two hard workouts per week, but I've just started the FIRST Training Program that has three hard quality runs for the week period...no recovery runs nor general aerobic runs...just three runs. The other days of the week are quality aerobic training on the bike or swimming (FIRST recommends two days of cross-training, but I'll cross-train the other days as well). Your four days of hard running will be tough, but you're young and strong and could do it, but I would encourage you to ease up and follow Wes advice.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home