Tuesday, December 18, 2007

BA HUM BUG!

BA HUM BUG!! I am Mister Scrouge or something. I hate how Christmas is SO commercialized. It's really stupid. The malls are so busy, the prices are inflated, the people are RUDE and PUSHY and there are people who WILL NOT TELL YOU WHAT THEY WANT so you walk around the mall for 4hrs, hoping that something will jump out at you and IT DOESNT! hahaha.

In other news...I feel as though I have been recovering from a marathon or something.
This eating bad, not running much and not sleeping definately took it's toll on me.

My plan is to run 10k Wednesday, 34k on Friday and a 10k tempo on Saturday. I have the rest of Friday off for rehydration and rest.
I can't be putting too much stress on myself. So if I run 3-4 days a week, I will be happy..and not grumpy.

I'm thinking that I will also need to do a lot of hill training because the race that I want to do the 30k around the bay road race. Apparently..it's flat the first 15 and the last half is hilly...yeah. I want to have a base of being able to run 30km, SO...That means I'm going to run it every week. Yepp. Thats what I think.

So, guys I tried to spit out a big long blog post, but it's not working.

Hope you're all well and happy and in the Christmas spirit.

2 Comments:

At 12:44 PM , Blogger Joe said...

> I hate how Christmas is SO commercialized.

Me too. Our econony depends on Christmas gluttony.

> and there are people who WILL NOT TELL
> YOU WHAT THEY WANT

Oftentimes that means they have everything they need. There are many people in our society that don't need a thing at Christmas and when they tell you that you don't have to get them anything, they mean it.

Honestly, I can't think of anything I NEED this Christmas. Sure I would like a bigger house and a newer car but not many people can afford to buy you those.

What I would like for Christmas is to simply spend some quality time relaxing and dining with the people I love. To me, it is enough of a gift that those people simply come to dinner with me at Christmas. "Eat, drink and be merry", and all that jazz. Then, after dinner, we all sit down and watch a great movie.

For people that have everything, perhap you could bake them some Christmas cookies. Another idea is to give him or her a framed photo of you and him or her. Or, perhaps you could make a homemade Christmas card?

If you feel must buy something, perhaps you could buy them a hard-to-find yet entertaining DVD such as Saint Ralph (you have seen it, right?). Wine is usually well received but I guess you're still a minor and can't buy it?

Hope that helps.

 
At 6:10 PM , Blogger Wes said...

When people won't tell you what they want, give them a gift card :-)

Don't forget to rejuvenate yourself during the holidays :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home