Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Year Ahead--2008

So.
I was contemplating doing a 10k run on the treadmill today, as I was just waking up from my 14 hour nap...
And then I walked to the bathroom, and realized that this cold has exhasperated my breathing problems. (which by the way I haven't had for awhile...)

So, Now, since I can't run (or walk up the 5 stairs in my house), I think about running.


I am planning next years race schedule. I am thinking that it shouldn't be TOO busy because I have very little time to train with homework and school and stuff ( Who thought it was going to be this hard and busy? NOT ME!). I also think that races are expensive so...I have to 'watch my budget' that way. Yeah. So I am thinking about 6 races for the 2008 year.

Around the Bay which is older than Boston. It's a 30k race. I'm at 29 right now (however that 29 starts to SUCK after 25) and I have muchos time to train for it. Christmas is coming, which means I can run a lot more during that time period. Also, school won't be busy again *knock on wood* until probably March. SooOoOo...that means I could proabably train for this one and run a good race. Yeah.

Mississauga Half Marathon...You guys know the logic behind this one! I don't need to explain it. It's my first race. So, I'll do it again. It's a really pretty race, and it's a net downhill however, you need to go up before you go down. I might add that the first like 10k of the half is all uphill as opposed to down, but whatever! Hills are my friend. Except that Mississauga Road Hill when there is a dead possum on the side of it and nobody tells you and you scream and you never live it down.

Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon: The one I wanted to do this year, but going to Kingston for the summer inhibited my ability to be able to run that ridiculous distance. Note: I think that running 42.2km is ridiculous! It's beyond me, consider running 29 is hard...BUT who knows, maybe something will change when I start going past it. Or running more. Either one. Time goal for this one--Sub 4hrs. Yeah. Go ahead and laugh. But throw your heart over the mountain and your body will follow. Trianing for this one is going to suck. During the summer. But It's also apparently a nice course...very flat too...Im young. Im healthy...Sub 4hrs, and like 9 months to train...Yeahh..

Other Races of Interest: Mud Run...Sometime in June...Somewhere in Ontario. I may also want to do a Sprint triathlon..yeah, thats good. A sprint. I can swim 400 m or whatever. Yeah. Then there may be a few other things that I want to try. I will also continue swimming and start biking (Yes, I know I have said this before.)

Ok, I think that's it. I think that these all seem pretty reasonable, except maybe the time goal for the marathon, but I am not afraid to adjust it...And if you think they are unreasonable..."Throw your heart over the mountain and your body will follow"
Hope everyone stays healthy and has a great rest of the week!

Tiger

5 Comments:

At 7:57 AM , Blogger Wes said...

I, too, wondered how I would ever get into shape for my marathon. Believing in yourself is the first step.

 
At 1:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your running and training for 2008, TIGER.

See you at the Start line for Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon on September 28th!

Alan Brookes
Race Director
STWM

ps. Try to catch the Early Bird deadline of January 30th and save a few dollars.

 
At 8:44 AM , Blogger Joe said...

The "Around the Bay" race was mentioned in the running movie "Saint Ralph", which was about the Boston Marathon.

 
At 9:32 AM , Blogger AddictedToEndorphins said...

Joe! IS SAINT RALPH REAL!??!! If he is, he's my hero! I mean I don't mind having a fictional hero, BUT it would be better if he was REAL! :o)

 
At 9:36 AM , Blogger Joe said...

Not real.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home