Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Wacky Wednesday

Hello folks,

It's another Wednesday! Don't worry, I am much more put together this Wednesday when I was last Wednesday. I am definately getting the hang of this University thing, and so far, I am understanding my readings, and remembering what happens during the lectures, so I guess this is all going to work out.

Last night I had to skip the clinic night because I had to go in and do some training at work. It is okay though, I headed out for a 6k tempo. Today, is another late day, so instead of going out for the free practice sessions, I am going to instead head home, and head out for a 10k tempo, which is what the schedule calls for.

As far as eating goes, I haven't really updated my eating habits. The week has been stressful. My mom ended up going into the hospital on Friday so that has put lots of stress on my week. But, I am still coping. Mind you it's only been 5 days and they are assuming she'll be there for 2-3 weeks. So...it could take it's toll, especially when there are readings to be done and homework to do and papers to write, then....Nahhhh as long as I keep running I am fine.

The lockers at this school that you can get for a day are teeny tiny, So I have to find an alternative way/place to store my stuff so I can go to the gym. I just don't trust my laptop and stuff in a locker, that they have had issues with people breaking into. I could be crazy though.

Tomorrow and Friday, I am not attending school due to a Jewish Holiday called Rosh Hashana. I am not Jewish, but the school has a large Jewish population and therefor are giving us the holiday. The plan is to get a nice run in while my little sister is at school (I am babysitting because the babysitters daughter is getting her tonsils out). If I do not manage to get this run in, or I decide that instead I would like to sleep, or if for some reason I just want company (even if I do get the morning run in, then I will join my friend on a nice leisurely 18k on flat ground. Reallly this time, because it's much cooler than it was last Thursday. Wait, I lied. I am going for the 18k run, and should I decide that I want a morning stress reliever I will run the 6 or 12 or whatever it is that I want to do.

Hmm...other things, other things. My friends and I have figured out our schedules so we can meet more often during classes! It's great! Just because we are in the same lectures does not mean that we will sit together, because half the time, we can't find each other but some of us have breaks around the same time, so we meet for lunch or to chat or whatever.

So. That is about the just of that so far, I still have about ohh 3 hours until my psych lecture. Trust me, if there was a place to sleep I would. I have all my books and everything I need, so I might read over something again. Can't hurt, right?


So before I go, I will leave you with 2 of my favorite FROSH week pictures. The first one, is of the Toronto skyline, from the boat. It's really neat, and I liked how it turned out.
Or Vise versa, since I can't format!
And the last one is of some of my fellow froshies.

Finish Strong,

Tiger

P.S. I am now going to catch up with all of your blogs :o)

2 Comments:

At 9:46 AM , Blogger Wes said...

Sorry to hear about your mom! I'll keep her in my prayers! Finish strong and be strong!!

 
At 10:18 AM , Blogger robison52 said...

I hope your mother is feeling better! Must be very difficult with the stresses of school, food, running, and mother being ill! Strive to be easy on yourself. Hang tough!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home