Thursday, September 06, 2007

Perspective

Well, Friends,

I have gained some...perspective during today's run. I won't necessarily over-analyze this run, but I will point out a few things.

Sleep: Or lack their of. I haven't slept more than 4 hours since two Sunday's ago. I am tired.

Eating Habits: It's hard to eat healthy when there are no healthy options on Campus. There is Subway, but it's not a good one.

Water: Haven't drank enough water since last Sunday. A lot of pop, and that's about it. (It IS diet pop though. ahha it doesn't make much of a different.

Heat and Humidity: 32 degrees celcius with a 40 degree humidity factor. Splashed lots of water over my face throughout run, ran through random sprinkler at the park, and splashed disgusting lake water all over face.

I managed 12k. Shrugs. Whatever. It's ok.

I have officially signed up for the Race the Mouse Or Walk the House Marathon clinic at the running room. Yep. Im not running the race, but it'll keep me in line. I missed my running friends. The run SUCKED but the company was awesome.

We ended up splitting up near the end, cause I had stomach cramps (not cool) and on my walk towards the running room, I gained a lot of perspective into life, and University.

I wrote a post earlier about how University was going to be like a race, but now, maybe it's not a race. Maybe it's the training. I remember when I was a brand new runner. I couldn't get around the block. The whole experience was pretty overwhelming actually.

I slowly got myself into a habit and a routine. It got easier and easier. Maybe that's all I need to think. It's like training, and if I am consistant I will get better at it.

Thanks for listening to me vent the last couple of days.

Tiger

2 Comments:

At 8:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No matter how old I was as a student and even when I was a teacher, every start of a new year took a lot of energy and time to establish a routine.

Hopefully soon you'll discover the routine you're looking for.

 
At 5:57 AM , Blogger Wes said...

University will be an exciting time for you. Don't forget that. It will come in lots of different flavors. Keep the big picture and persevere...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home