Thursday, September 13, 2007

Long Runs are Fun!

Hey friends,
I skipped Yesterday's 10k tempo.

I.was.beat.

So, today, I went out for a long run with my friend who is Running the Half at Scotia. We did 20k. The company was fantastic, and today, the RUN itself was fantastic. Took us about 2hrs and 14 minutes and every single minute of it was comfortable. We decided that we were going to count the hills. There were 15. So, thats more than one per mile. Haha, we Rock. Although when I tried to take my gel, I vomited. Literally, and kept on running. Not fun. So, I am contemplating switching to the GU2O or some sort of a liquid powder.

Today was a day off, and I went to the mall with my sister. I got my hair cut, kind of spur of the moment. I was actually going to book it for tomorrow but the girl is like "I can fit you in, in an hour" so I figured I may as well, right? Right.
Its kind of like a bob. Shorter at the back and longer at the front, with side bangs. Think Victoria Bekham only not so intense. Pictures to come. When I get time. Or energy. Or both. Haha.

If you have an extra 3 minutes...Watch this video it cheers me up:0)


Tiger

P.S. I need advice on what something to drink thats got like the electrolytes and does the same thing as a gel, but in a powder form. I cacn't do the gels anymore.

2 Comments:

At 1:25 AM , Blogger robison52 said...

Have you tried "Sport Beans" from the makers of "Jelly Bellys?" Sport Beans are my carbs of choice as they're better tasting than GU and has a better consistency to them and they're easier to carry and eat.

 
At 5:19 AM , Blogger Wes said...

I know can be hard, but don't try to take the gel all in one go. Just squeeze out a little at a time. They have those gel bottles that fit on race belts you can use if that's too much trouble.

If you don't find something more "runner orientated", try the "High Energy Snack Mix" on Foodnetwork. It works for me :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home