Thursday, March 27, 2008

Rest, a word I despise!

So, this post may not make sense. I am under the influence of cough medicine.
I still haven't been feeling better.
I mean, I think I've gotten worse.

I have tried Cold FX, and I've been pretty close to overdosing on Vitamin C and cough syrup (Exaggerating, a little.) and it hasn't been working.

It's gotten worse to the point that walking and breathing at the same time is very very very difficult.
I've started back on my ventolin, and even thats not helping.
So today, after my job interview, I headed across the street to get to the Urgent Care clinic run by the hospital. Its basically like an emergency room, but less of a wait time.
Ha.

SO I go in and they make me put on a mask (they probably think I had SARS), and wait around for an hour.
The doctor then tells me that my nasty cough is probably due to a cold and has exasperated my asthma, so he gives me more ventolin and then something called 'prednisone' or something. He tells me its a steriod and that I should probably be okay for the race on Sunday.

Who knows, maybe I'll break a course record and make it to the Canadian Olympic team.
Hahaha. ok you can laugh at that. But it won't happen cause he only gave me enough until Tuesday. And I'd rather run with my own talent, not the talent that steriods have given me.

Anyways, tonight I'll go listen to the speedwork talk, and then go get some tea and honey at starbucks, and go to my bed and sleep.
I am under orders to rest until Sunday. So, when I run the race on Sunday, it could be verrryyy interesting the end result. It's not gonna be what I was hoping for, I know that for sure.

I am stubborn. But I am also a Tiger.
I'm running the race, even though everyone has told me not to decide until Saturday.
Infact, I'm going to the expo tomorrow. :)

Wish me health.
Tiger

4 Comments:

At 7:24 PM , Blogger Wes said...

Tiger, you're too young to die :-) Slow down a wee bit, will ya?

 
At 7:48 PM , Blogger Mel-2nd Chances said...

oh no!!!!! i'm so sorry to hear that you're still so sick!! take care of yourself...

 
At 4:21 AM , Blogger Marit C-L said...

GGGGGGGRRRRRRRR Tiger!

Be careful.

I've got a question: What's worse?

1) Doing the race, feeling miserable, being unhappy because you've decided to "do" the race, getting MORE sick, and therefore having to take MORE time off from running, therefore having to spend MORE time in the hospital, having to take MORE medicine, see MORE doctors, waiting in line for MORE time, etc etc etc

2) Sleeping in, reading a good book, watching a good movie, curling up with hot tea and honey, being forgiving of yourself, understanding that we're all human, that we all get sick, and sometimes the harder things in life aren't running a race, but admitting that we're really sick.

We've all been there, my friend. We've all toed that line of being sick and wanting to race. Your heart is pure, I can tell.

If you want to know the epitome of HTFU, this is all I have to say. YOU, my TIGER friend, will be the epitome of HTFU, if you can make the best decision for your body. If you wake up on Saturday, feeling great - then go for it. But if you're still sick, ask yourself if it's really worth it.

IS it?

Are you willing to take the tough road, to HTFU and realize that you're sick? Or will you make yourself worse?

Only you can decide.

I would give anything to race right now. But I've broken my back and damaged my sacral nerve. And yes, I could probably run, swim, and bike if I really tried. But I have no desire to do so - because in doing so, I would only make my condition worse.

YOU, my friend, have the ability to run, but are dealing with a gross illness. Don't give it reason to get any worse. Listen to your body.

I am.

Be the epitome of HTFU. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to not race.

 
At 7:21 AM , Blogger RunnerGirl said...

Take care of yourself!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home