Monday, March 24, 2008

300! **CORRECTED**

We now take a break from our regularly scheduled programming:

This is Tiger's 300th post! She knows that you don't want to read 300 things about her, 300 things about why she runs, or 300 of her favorite things or pet peeves, so she decided that she would educate you on the number 300!

1)300: The number of soldiers that Leonidis had to win the war at the Battle of Thermopolye. (See also: 300, the movie) Apparently I also failed History. Wes informed me that Leonidis lost. I have to admit though, I didn't do any research on this. I just remembered that the Battle of Thermopolye had 300 soldiers, and there was a guy named Leonidis. I had a 1 out of 2 chance of getting it right, but I guess that the odds were against me.

2)Number of Neurons in an Octopus brain: 300 thousand

3)300 is the number directly following 299 and preceeding 301.

4) 300 is a triangular number and the sum of a pair of twin primes as well as the sum of 10 consecutive primes. (Thank wikapedia for this. I failed math)

5) 300 is a perfect score in bowling obtained by getting 12 consecutive strikes.

6) 300 is the year when Elephants became extinct in North Africa

7) 300 is the year that the magnetic compass was invented for navigation in the middle east

8) 300 is the number of bones that humans are born with, but as an adult, we only have 206 because our bones naturally fuse together

9) 300 is the number that you get when you add the ages of three generations in my family up.

10)300: is the number of postholes measuring two meters wide had been discovered on the Hill of Tara in Ireland , and 300 towering oak posts once surrounded the hills.

11) 300: is the number of times I have thought about my upcoming race in the last day.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming.


So, since nobody sent me any suggestions, you get to deal with being educated on the number 300.

SO, heres whats happened since I last posted...

Hills on Wednesday night rocked. It was tough.
Try this, running up a hill backwards...
OH man does that ever hurt. Seriously I think I was feeling it for 2 days.

Thursday was the busiest day of my whole entire life. Seriously. Test at 8:30, got home at 11:30, had to buy printer paper, had a panic attack about printer cords and USB cables, printed off my resume, headed to starbucks to meet with my nutritionist.

Break in story:

Met with nutritionist. Although I have sworn off all alcohol until May 11th, because of the impact that it has on my Running. However, after May 11th is Victoria Day weekend, which has me planning a big get together, and I sorta kinda wanted to know what to drink. Shots, are apparently the best.

Oh, and I can have Kraft Dinner every once in a while. As long as i have it with salad. See, I don't have to be perfect all the time.

I then went directly from there to an interview. Im not going to talk anymore about that because I've heard stories about people blogging about interviews and then not getting the job because of what they said when the blogged.

Friday was a laid back rest day. Don't remember if I left the house.

Saturday, I ran 15k. It was supposed to be 30k, but there was nobody to run with and I wasn't feeling 100%. Treated it alomost as a long tempo.

Now, I am full out sick. A week before ATB and I am sick. I have a chest infection and can't breathe!!! Im going to overload on Vitamin C and Vitamin D and eat lots of fruits and drink lots of water and stuff. SO yeahh. This SUCKS!
I don't even know how my training this week will be.

So Run Strong!

Tiger

5 Comments:

At 11:41 AM , Blogger Wes said...

Thanks for the edumacation on 300 :-) For the record, Leonidis lost! ROFL!!!

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well! It has to be tough staying active up north during the winter. If you have an infections, I hope you got some meds and start feeling better real soon!!

 
At 11:59 AM , Blogger Marlene said...

Hope you get well before Sunday! Fluids (not shots...hehe) and rest!

 
At 12:54 PM , Blogger robison52 said...

Take your rest one day at a time and don't even worry about training for now. Who knows, maybe all the stress you've been having has lowered your immune system? Take it easy and be gentle with yourself.

 
At 7:24 PM , Blogger Mel-2nd Chances said...

thx for the comments! :) hope you're feeling a bit better!!! rest up before sunday! keeping my fingers crossed for nice weather for you and an awesome race. Wish I could be there running it too, maybe next year.

ya, i'm starting to get irritated hearing the 'no running' comments...not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that he's a friend of my boyfriend...lol. oh well, so far he's been helping, and i better get some credit for helping pay for his daughter's schooling when she gets older with all the $$ that i'm paying :) get some rest... i'll be watching for your post race report. good luck!

 
At 5:38 AM , Blogger G said...

what's the old rule? above the neck = run. Below the neck = rest.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home