Tuesday, February 05, 2008

To Write Love On Her Arms

I would just like to re-iterate the fact how much I hate going to get electrocuted, and poked and prodded.
And how I feel when I leave (SORE!!!)
And how much I hate chest coldsand not being able to breathe
And doctors that charge you $20 to right your name on a peice of paper
And how much I hate papers
And how much I hate readings

And how much I love snowdays
And how much I love runs on Sunny Days
And how much I love runs on Chilly Days
And how much I love runs in the very early morning, watching the sun rise
And how much I love runs in the night before sunset
And how much I love my friends

And of course how much I love my blogger family:o).

Since we're on the topic of Love, I wanted to introduce you to something called:

"To Write Love on Her Arms"

That which is written below is taken directly from a facebook group called "Love is the Movement"

The truth is that according to the World Health Organization, depression is one of the leading causes of disability, with approximately 121 million people suffering with depression worldwide. The National Institute of Mental Health states that approximately 18 million people suffer from depression in America alone.

Depression does not discriminate across age, race, gender, or class. Among teenagers it is estimated that 20 percent will suffer from depression at some point by the time they reach adulthood. There are also as many as 8.3 percent of teens suffering from depression for at least a year at a time, compared to 5.3 percent of the general population.Insprired by the work of TWLOHA (To Write Love On Her Arms), an organization created to spread awareness for teen depression, self-injury, and suicide, we are coming together to make sure the whole world knows. We are not directly affiliated with TWOLHA, but are in great support of their work To find out more about TWLOHA visit their Facebook Group here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/To-Write-Love-On-Her-Arms/8529136956.

During the time of year that suicide rates are at their highest, we chose February 13, the day before Valentine's Day, as our opportunity to start showing people how much they are loved. We will physically write the word LOVE on our arms (with a sharpie, or whatever other ink suits you best). If someone asks you what it’s for, tell them about TWLOHA. Tell them they are loved, that they are important. And ask if you can write LOVE on their arm as a symbol of that. Don't be afraid to reach out to those who need love, those who you often walk right by every day. They need our care.There is NO set time, there is NO set location. Where you are, when you are there, speak out.Some of us may choose to share the love of God, but we want you to share whatever love is strongest for you. Depression has no boundaries, but neither does our love.Stop the bleeding. Rescue is possible.

I reallly like it! I'll be writing love on my arms friends!
What are your opinions on it? I don't expect you to attend, I just think it's really nice!

Now, enough love talk, I must go and do the things I hate...Paper writing and readings.

TiGrr

1 Comments:

At 4:50 AM , Blogger Wes said...

Let's be gung ho and write it on our forehead :-) Get used to doing things you don't like to do now. Learn to seperate them by things you have to do because it is necessary, and things you have to do because it is a choice. It helps :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home