Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Inured :o(

So,
I'm injured.
I went to see Dr. Stephanie Adey today.
She preforms A.R.T therapy.
And does orthotics.
And hooks you up into a machine that
And makes you want to curl up into a little ball and cry for your mom.
Seriously.
She may be eye candy for the men...But damn is she tough.

So I went in just for orthodics.
She looked at my feet, took the cast, and suggested we get rid of the pain that it is causing me.
So then she looks at my I.T. band and claims that it's tight.
( I believe her cause damn it hurt)
I get hooked up to a machine that electrucutes me for 15 minutes...

Then, she comes in and puts pressure on my I.T. band, my shins and my ankles.
The theory is that adhesions don't like pressure. Normal soft tissue doesn't mind pressure, but
scar tissue doesn't like it, which is why it hurt so bad.
Boo.

So, I go back twice a week for as long as insurance will cover it.
I'm NOT looking forward to it.
But I can still run through it.
I haven't lost my outlet :o)

HoPe AlL iS weLl!
I'm running away this weekend for a weekend.
I'll be so happy!



Take caree Friends



TiGrr**

5 Comments:

At 6:44 PM , Blogger Arcane said...

Art is pretty good. I like the little electrostimulating thing. You might want to invest in a foam roller. I'ts perfect for stretching IT bands.

 
At 6:52 AM , Blogger Wes said...

Ouch! Getting electrocuted does not sound like fun! At least you know what needs to happen, and you can still run!! Awesome!!! Have a great get away :-)

 
At 12:12 PM , Blogger Darren said...

Tiger,
Make sure your physiotherpist shows you IT stretches. Since I incoporated them into my stretching routine (after EVERY run) .. voila! no IT problem!

Good luck!

 
At 8:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

 
At 7:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not going to be original this time, so all I am going to say that your blog rocks, sad that I don't have suck a writing skills

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home