Monday, November 13, 2006

Sundays Lovely Run

Yesterday i had a GREAT run. It was only 1 degree celcius and i was wearing my jacket and my reflective thermal running gear. The sky was overcast, and I had forgotten my mittens. There was a slight wind also.

The route we ran was mountainous terrain. Well, that is what has been decided amoungst me and the others that I run with. It was mostly rolling hills though, nothing too serious.

I got into my grove. I just started running and I went. And what surprised me most is how strong I was on those hills. I just flew up them like they were nothing. Pretty empowering. No stitch in my neck today. Also, No gadgets. They tend to throw me off a little. I listen to much to my heart rate and not enough to my body. I am reducing my gadgetry for a while.

My breathing was ok. There was maybe 2 times that I was having trouble catching my breath, no matter how fast I tried to catch it. Ha maybe that was a bad pun. But you know it was nothing that was going to make me stop.

And what was this distance you ask...yet another PR for distance.. are you ready....DRUMROLL PLEASE
*
**
***
****
***
**
*

8.6km. And I know that some of you reading this are thinking that it is nothing but the fact is that it is the farthest I have ever run. And probably the fastest. My ipod thing doesnt measure distance right. So those other times are not right. I was running a 5 minute 58 second kilometer. Last weeks long run we were running 7 and a half minute kilometers according to the garmin.

Rest day today, Tomorrow I am running 9km!!!!! well I am going to try to run 9km. My knee is a little bit sore today, nothing I cant handle. Sigh* feeling really proud!=)

Happy days everyone,
TIGER!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home