Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sometimes I Surprise Myself

Over the past 2 weeks...

  1. I cooked a turkey.For real. I'm the kind of girl that burns Kraft Dinner and Grilled Cheese, but I cooked a freaking turkey. And carrots. And apple and pumpkin pie.
  2. I put oil in my car. Before this, I didn't know where the oil was supposed to go.
  3. I organized and followed through with a booth at the Goodlife Toronto Marathon.
  4. I learned that I can plan and plan and plan but sometimes there are curveballs and you just have to roll with the punches.
  5. That being said, I rolled with the punches (and spent 5hrs at Kinkos) and figured things out.
  6. I drove in Downtown Toronto
  7. I went in to the hospital to visit my mom (after a few days of not going in)
  8. I drove on the highway. When there were cars on the road.

Among many many other things. And now I'm a nurse. Ha

The half marathon on sunday doesn't seem so daunting anymore.

Tigrrr

5 Comments:

At 7:46 PM , Blogger Mel-2nd Chances said...

Good luck on Sunday!! I think I want to do that race next year!! Looking forward to your review

 
At 7:08 AM , Blogger Marlene said...

Sorry about your Mom, Tiger. Didn't realize she was in the hospotal. You and your family are in my thoughts.

You are a ROCKSTAR! Hope to see ya Sunday!!!

 
At 10:17 AM , Blogger Wes said...

The half marathon on sunday doesn't seem so daunting anymore.

course not... you are Tigrrr! Have a good weekend :-)

 
At 11:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Have fun on Sunday!!

 
At 8:34 AM , Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Just catching up girlfriend, sounds like you've got a lot on your plate and not just burnt KD nor yummy turkey.

You take great care of yourself okay?!?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home