Thursday, June 17, 2010

Playing Big

Member how I said I was organizing a race?!

WELLL I'm actually doing it!

And I'm playing WAYYY big. I'm hoping to have 400 runners, and raise a bunch of money. It's crazy, but things work when I play big like this. It's not true to who I am if I don't play big.

It's going to be on August 29th, 2010 at 10:30 am. It's a 5k run/walk and my goal is to raise over $16,000 in support of Peel Children's Aid.

I'm excited. And scared to death. But it's going to be amazing. I'm still looking for Sponsorship, as many of the big name companies had their budgets set last May, so now I'm looking to smaller name companies, real estate agents and insurance companies. All I need is the cost of the race covered so all the money can be donated to the cause directly.

I know many of you are around the world, and such, so how can you help? Join the facebook page! Tell your friends! If you have any ideas or input or know how I can get sponsorship, let me know!!

Facebook page is: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Go-for-the-Goal/127843300583258

4 Comments:

At 1:19 PM , Blogger Marlene said...

I just wanted to say that you are AMAZING, little one. :)

 
At 7:02 AM , Blogger Wes said...

That's exciting Tigrrr! You are a blessing... Never forget that...

 
At 7:18 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Very cool!

 
At 3:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it's your workmate! ;-)

Have you thought of asking for sponsorship from the Peel newspapers (Sauga, Brampton, and Caledon)?

You can simultaneously advertise in, let's say, the Mississauga News AND also (try to) get them to sponsor the run as well.

Good luck!
rb

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home